The.com understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your Personal Information is used and shared. We respect and value the privacy of everyone and will only collect and use Personal Information in ways that are described here and in a manner that is consistent with our obligations and your rights under the law.
Consistent with the Federal Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA), we will never knowingly request Personal Information from anyone under the age of 13 without requesting parental consent. NOTICE: Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for tips from the Federal Trade Commission on protecting children’s privacy online.
If we become aware that you are under the age of 13 and are attempting to or have submitted Personal Information via the Services, we will not accept such information and we will take steps to remove such information from our records. This may involve us having to access and verify your age and other relevant details.
3. How your information may be shared;
- How we store and process information about you;
- How long we may keep Personal Information about you;
- How you can opt-out from receiving communications from us;
- Information over the Internet and other Services;
- Legal disclaimer; and
- How to contact us.
A. What Personal Information Do We Collect?
· We capture Personal Information when users send us questions or comments via e-mail or via our contact form such as your name and email address. Personal Information collected in this manner will only be to contact the user and/or respond to the user’s inquiry/issue.
· We may post job openings on our website or work with headhunters. If you reply to one of these postings by submitting your application, CV and/or cover letter to us, we will collect and process the Personal Information contained therein to assess your suitability, aptitude, skills, and qualifications for employment with The.com.
- For purchases, a third-party payment processor will collect your name, email address, postal address, contact details and credit or debit card information. You agree to pay all fees and applicable taxes incurred by you or anyone using your account. By making a purchase, you grant to us and to all other persons and entities involved in the operation of the sale, the right to use, store, monitor, retrieve and transmit your account information in connection with the operation of the sale and as otherwise provided herein. You also agree that such access and use of your Personal Information is governed by their privacy policies. We are not responsible or liable for the content, activities or privacy policies of any third-party sites. Accordingly, please refer to their respective privacy policies.
· We take reasonable precautions to protect the confidentiality and security of your Personal Information by using industry recognized security safeguards such as site monitoring, secured networks and servers, firewalls and/or encryption. Unfortunately, no method of transmission over the Internet is completely secure. Therefore, while we strive to protect your Personal Information within industry standards, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
B. What Non Personal Information Do We Collect?
- Some of the information that we acquire cannot identify, distinguish or trace you or your device, even if combined with other identifying information, and some information that could be considered Personal Information when combined with other identifying information is not used in a way that identifies, distinguishes or traces you or your device, but is instead used in an anonymous way, often aggregated with other anonymous information about other users.
- If your Personal Information changes, or if you no longer choose to use our Services, you can contact customer service by e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. How we use information about you:
A. We may use the Personal Information we collect in the following ways:
· to process user requests for information and to allow us to respond efficiently to user questions;
· to monitor website statistics;
· to respond to or satisfy legal requirements, such as a court order, a subpoena, or a law enforcement agency’s or other public agency’s request;
· to help prevent the instigation of a crime, to help facilitate an investigation related to public safety, to help protect the security or integrity of our website, or to enable us to take precautions against liability;
· to provide information to service providers or such companies who provide support for the operations of our Services and who do not use or disclose the information for any other purpose; and
· to allow us to disclose your information to the extent permitted by law.
Except as set forth below, we do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to third parties our users’ Personal Information unless we receive their consent. That being said, in the following situations, we may share Personal Information with outside parties:
· Subsidiaries, Service Consultants and Service Providers. We may disclose Personal Information to our subsidiaries, third party consultants and service providers (such as providers of hosting, support, returns, maintenance, third-party payment processing agencies, and remedial and repair services) to the extent that they require access to our databases, or the information contained in our databases, to service us and the website;
· Reorganization or Sale. In the event that we merge with or become a part of another organization, or in the event that we are sold, we sell all or substantially all of our assets, or we are otherwise reorganized, the information you provide will be one of the transferred assets to the acquiring or reorganized entity;
· To Help Protect Minor Users of Our Services. In the event that the safety of our users is threatened, and we are able to do something about that by sharing Personal Information with third-parties, we reserve the right to do so. This may be done to prevent the instigation of a crime, to help facilitate an investigation related to public safety, to help protect the safety of a minor using our Services, to help protect the security or integrity of our Services, or to enable us to take precautions against liability;
· As Otherwise Allowed by Law. We may transfer Personal Information to third-parties where we are expressly authorized by applicable law to do so;
· Aggregated Information. We may aggregate information that you provide with information provided by other individuals in such a manner that the information is not personally identifiable to you, and we may transfer that aggregated information to third-parties;
- We may make available services such as blogs, message boards and chat functionality to which you are able to post information and materials. Please note that any information you disclose through such services or otherwise on the website becomes public information, and may be available to visitors to the website and to the general public. In addition, when you choose to make a posting on the website certain Personal Information will be available for other users to view. We urge you to exercise discretion and caution when deciding to disclose Personal Information about you, or any other information, on the website. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE USE BY ANY THIRD-PARTY OF ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION YOU VOLUNTARILY DISCLOSE THROUGH THE WEBSITE; and
This website is hosted in the United States. In order to communicate with you, the information that we collect from you may be transferred to, stored, used and processed by The.com in the United States or one of our service providers based in the United States or outside of the United States. Such entities may be engaged in, among other things: (i) the processing of payment details; and (ii) the provision of support services.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES TREAT YOUR INFORMATION IN A MANNER THAT MAY BE SUBSTANTIALLY DIFFERENT FROM, AND LESS PROTECTIVE THAN, THE TREATMENT REQUIRED UNDER THE LAWS OF OTHER COUNTRIES AND JURISDICTIONS. IF YOU DO NOT WANT YOUR INFORMATION TRANSFERRED TO THE UNITED STATES, YOU SHOULD NOT SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH US, OR MAKE USE OF THE SERVICES.
TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED BY THE LAW OF THE COUNTRY IN WHICH YOU ARE LOCATED, YOU EXPRESSLY WAIVE ANY RIGHT YOU MAY HAVE TO REQUIRE US TO TREAT YOUR IDENTIFYING INFORMATION IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF ANY COUNTRY OR JURISIDICTION OTHER THAN THE UNITED STATES. HOWEVER, THE FOREGOING WAIVER MAY NOT BE LEGALLY BINDING IN SOME COUNTRIES, SUCH AS THE MEMBER STATES OF THE EUROPEAN UNION. TO THE EXTENT IT IS NOT LEGALLY BINDING IN THE COUNTRY IN WHICH YOU ARE LOCATED, THIS FOREGOING WAIVER DOES NOT APPLY TO YOU.
5. How long we will hold Personal Information about you:
6. How you can opt-out from receiving communications from us:
We will only send transactional messages and important account-related information regarding our Services. Should you have any questions about opting out, please contact us at email@example.com.
The Internet is a global network and, therefore, there are times when information about you travels globally and may not always be completely secure. If you provide us with information over the Internet, this will be at your own risk. By using the website, you agree and authorize us to process information in this way. However, please be assured that we use commercially reasonable procedures and security features to prevent unauthorized access to information about you.
We are not responsible nor will be liable to you in any way for events beyond our direct control. Because of the complex and constantly changing nature of our technology and business, we cannot guarantee nor do we represent that our performance will be error free, and to the maximum extent permitted by law we will not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages or other loss suffered by you and relating to the use or release of your Personal Information.
The.com’s California Specific Privacy Notice can be accessed here.
Copyright © 2021 The.com Platform Inc. All Rights Reserved.